It’s estimated that there are some 1 million billion ants on the planet. Yes, you read that right—1 million billion. Or, in other words, a lot. With more than 12,000 species and a unique ability to survive in some of the most inhospitable environments on Earth, ants are largely nuisance pests—but they can also be harmful and destructive.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the common types of ants in Las Vegas, why you should get rid of them at the first sign of an infestation, and how Flatliners Pest Control, based near Las Vegas, can help.
Key Problems From Las Vegas Ants
From being a general nuisance to being harmful and destructive, these insects can lead to a variety of problems.
- They can spread disease.
- Some have the strength to chew through wood and other building materials.
- Some are known to bite and cause discomfort, burning, and irritation.
- Infestations are unsightly and can be embarrassing.
Types Of Ants In Las Vegas
There are five main types of these potential pests in Las Vegas. Here’s a look at the most common species you can find throughout Sin City:
- Argentine Ants: Typically light to dark brown in color, these insects are small and move in wide swaths. An invasive species, they’re also resilient due to how quickly they’re able to reproduce.
- Pavement Ants: Also known as “black ants,” these are a common nuisance species that tend to nest in concrete.
- Harvester Ants: Also known as “red ants,” these bugs are small, common, and can pack a bite. They can also inject a small amount of venom with their stingers, which can lead to pain and irritation if you’re on the receiving end.
- Fire Ants: Not to be confused with harvester ants, these potential dangers are small, red in color, and will both bite and sting you. They can be especially dangerous if they swarm you, leading to irritation and possibly triggering allergic reactions.
- Carpenter Ants: If a carpenter ant infestation is left untreated, it can lead to some serious structural property damage. This type of insect feeds on wood and can chew through porch pillars, structural supports, and more. They tend to be larger in size and are black in color.
Flatliners Pest Control: The Ideal Solution to Pest Control
When it comes to this kind of infestation, you don’t want to chance eliminating the population yourself. Trust the professionals for your pest control needs. With the experience, tools, and know-how, the professionals at Flatliners know what it takes to eliminate unwanted pests and ensure that they don’t return to your property. Contact us today to learn more.